I. GENERAL INTRODUCTION TO GEOTECHNICAL DEPARTMENT
The Geotechnical department was established in November 1978
- Teaching staff: 2 Assoc. 5 Ph.D.; 1 Master; 1 PhD student, 2 practical staffs of the laboratory.
- The number of students graduating every year is 40.
- Workplace of students after graduation: federations, institutes, offices, construction consulting companies, surveying companies, construction inspection companies, etc.
- Cooperate with many experts of the Hydrogeological and Engineering Geological Division; Geological Mapping Division; Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development; Departments of Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Construction, companies specializing in GCC,...
- Organize national and international scientific conferences.
- Organize short-term professional training classes.
1. Dr. Ngo Tan Phong - Head of Department
2. Dr. Kieu Le Thuy Chung - Lecturer
3. Dr. To Viet Nam - Lecturer
4. Dr. Pham Minh Tuan - Head of Department Lab
5. Dr. Vo Dai Nhat – Acting Deputy Head of Testing and Quality Assurance Office
6. Dr. Dao Hong Hai – Vice Dean
7. Dr. Nguyen Huu Son - Research Fields: Deputy General Director, Bach Khoa HCMC Science Technology J/S Co.,
8. M.E. Vo Thanh Long – Head of Field Laboratory
9. M.E. Phu Nhat Truyen - Researcher
10. Assoc.Prof. Dr. Dau Van Ngo Director BKTECHS
11. Assoc.Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dinh Tu - Chief of Office of VNUHCM
12. Dang Thi Thuy Mai - Department Secretary
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DIRECTION
1. TYPES OF COURSES
Geotechnical engineer; Geotechnical Engineering M.Sc; Engineering Geology Ph.D; Hydrogeology Ph.D.
2. RESEARCH DIRECTIONS
Foundation treatment solutions; Geodynamics; Production, treatment and saving groundwater resources; Soil improvement; Slope, retaining wall stability.
3. SUBJECTS IN CHARGE OF THE GEOTECHNICAL DEPARTMENT
Geotechnics; foundation; geotechnical materials; techniques for soil improvement; construction project; dynamic of geology engineering; (production and saving underground water; stabilization of construction; hydrogeology,…
4. EXPERT GROUPS
Engineering geology group; Hydrogeological group; Soil Improvement group; Software group.
1. RESEARCH FIELDS
- Research on geotechnical properties of soil and rock.
- Research on foundation treatment solutions.
- Inspect, analyze and appraise the project.
- Research on Hydrogeology
2. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
- Assessing the earthquake risk in Ho Chi Minh City on the basis of using GIS and mathematical models.
- Possibility of artificial replenishment of groundwater by rainwater harvesting in HCMC.
- Execute scientific research projects at all levels
3. SHORT-TERM TRAINING COURSES
- Geotechnical softwares.
- Consulting, professional training, certification.
4. FIELD OF TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Division for Water Resources Planning & Investigation for the South of Vietnam
- IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (Netherlands).
- Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development; Departments of Natural Resources and Environment.
- The Southern Institute of Water Resources Research.
- Transport Engineering Design Joint Stock Incorporated South.
- Electrical survey enterprise II.
- SMG Company (Singapore), AUN - SEED/NET...
- Companies: Fecon South, Solar System Foundation And Geotechnics Joint-Stock Company, Technical World company